Nothing ties a festive meal together better than a perfectly cooked veggie. Or three in this case! I've combined brussels sprouts, carrots, and acorn squash to create a perfect fall medley.
The veggies are tossed in sesame oil, sage, and basil before roasting so they come out with a delightful nutty flavor. They reheat well so it's a great dish to make for pot-lucks or dinner parties. This dish is so simple yet the colors give it a gourmet flare!
- 2 Cups Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/2 acorn squash, peeled and cut into ~1/2inch cubes
- For instructions check out this tutorial. Alternatively, you can use 1 large yam, potato or sweet potato.
- 4 Large carrots, peeled and sliced into ~ 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 TBS dried sage powder
- 1/2 TBS dried basil
- 3 TBS sesame oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine all of your veggies.
- Pour the sesame oil over the vegetables and toss until well coated. Add the spices, including salt and pepper, and toss again.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or foil. Spread out the seasoned vegetables evenly on both pans.
- Cook in for 30 minutes, remove from the oven and use a spatula to flip veggies. Cook for another 10-15 minutes. (total cook time 40-45 minutes).
- Serve hot! If you're preparing them for a later time, allow them to cool before refrigerating then reheat them before serving.
Yield: 5 servings
Serving size: 1 Cup
- Calories: 122cal
- Protein: 2g
- Fat: 8g
- Carbs: 12g
- Fiber: 3g